Mitchell T. Copeland, DO
- Doctor Profile
- Patient Education
- Fellow Sports Medicine.
- Joined Western Orthopedics & Sports Medicine in 1999.
- Subspecialty includes surgical procedures of the knee and shoulder, including arthroscopy and joint replacement.
- Active in medical education, community outreach programs, and treating regional athletes.
- Treats athletes from the Grand Junction Gymnastics Academy.
- Team Physician for the Department of Athletics, Colorado Mesa University.
- Team Physician for the Grand Junction Rockies.
- Founder of the Western Colorado Sports Medicine Foundation.
- Served as the Chief of Staff and as a Board Member at Community Hospital, Grand Junction.
- Former Board Member of Ice Skating Inc.
- Founding Advisory Member for the Monfort Human Performance Lab, Colorado Mesa University.
- Serves on the President Advisory Board for Colorado Mesa University.
- Fellow of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Graduated Fruita Monument High School.
- Undergraduate at Colorado State University.
- Medical Degree from Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Residency in Orthopedics, Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Fellowship in arthroscopy, Sports Medicine and joint reconstruction at Michigan State University.
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
Mitch enjoys family trips abroad, to Lake Powell, and to their cabin. He is also spends his time archery hunting, fishing, horseback riding and snowmobiling.
Back to Medical Staff Back to Medical Staff