Richard A. Knackendoffel, DO
- Doctor Profile
- Patient Education
- Joined Western Orthopedics & Sports Medicine in 1987.
- General Orthopedics, specializing in arthroscopic reconstructive surgery of the knee, shoulder, wrist, ankle, elbow and joint replacement surgery of the hip, knee and shoulder.
- Team Physician for the Department of Athletics, Colorado Mesa University.
- Team Physician for the Grand Junction Rockies.
- Served on the Board of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics.
- Served as the Chief of Staff, Community Hospital, Grand Junction.
- Served as Chairman, Department of Surgery, Community Hospital, Grand Junction.
- Served as a member on the Board of the Powderhorn Racing Club, and as the Medical Officer for numerous ski racing events at Powderhorn Mountain Resort and throughout Colorado.
- Fellow of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Undergraduate at Kansas State University.
- Medical Degree from the University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Residency in Orthopedics, Botsford General Hospital, Farmington Hills, Michigan.
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
Richard enjoys spending time with his wife and children skiing, fly fishing, hunting and hiking.