- Fellowship: Spine Surgery
- Joined Western Colorado Spine in 2020
- Specializes in Spine Surgery, including a variety of cervical (neck), thoracic and lumbar (low back) surgeries, deformity surgery and minimally invasive surgery.
- Undergraduate: Denison University in Granville, Ohio
- Medical School: Wright State University Boonschoft School of Medicine in Dayton, Ohio
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington, Vermont
- Spine Fellowship: University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Dr. Shorten is a soccer enthusiast. He played soccer in college at Denison University. He was a two-time varsity captain and a First Team Academic All-American his senior year. He enjoys spending time hiking, skiing, swimming and relaxing with his wife and two young boys.